- This event has passed.
Take Action! Virtual CalSTRS Meeting – Divest Now from Fossil Fuels
May 7, 2020 @ 10:45 am
Here is how to join the remote CalSTRS investment committee meeting on May 7 at 10:45am:
- You can watch the meeting, and make comments, using a link that will be posted May 7 at CalSTRS.com
- The link will be posted on the right side of the red banner under “Updates”.
- Public comment will only be allowed at the end of the agenda, which will likely be between noon and 1pm. Call 833-986-0555 to wait in the queue.
- Can’t call in? Email your comments to Board@CalSTRS.com
Please tell the board:
1. You have already lost enough of our money in stocks that are destroying our future.
2. Fossil fuels need to stay in the ground. Engagement with fossil fuel companies that own those assets won’t make them change their extractive business practices.
3. One form of engagement that would be effective is for CalSTRS to use its vote as a major shareholder of J.P. Morgan Chase, to vote climate denier Lee Raymond off their board of directors. Click here for more information
4. Please make fossil fuel divestment a topic for your July agenda.